The need for more open spaces within urban environments has seen a growth in the use of roof top of buildings and underground car parks for these recreational areas. These open spaces help increase the social and environmental benefits of the building within a high density urban environment. An efficient drainage system is therefore required to stay within the structural design load limits for the roof.
Drain Cells are modular cells which are designed and engineered for sub-surface drainage as well as for providing waterproofing membrane protection and heat and sound insulation. They eliminates the use of heavy aggregates for sub-surface drainage and screeds for waterproofing membrane protection in planter boxes and roof gardens and is applied also on retaining walls to relieve hydrostatic pressure. Typical areas of applications include roof gardens and landscapes, paved areas and retaining/basement walls.
Drain cells offers architects and developers a greater design flexibility and has a wide range of applications in the landscape, building and construction industries. These modules are easily interlocked in the same plane or at right angles to one another. They may be butted together without interlocking if required. When installed with a waterproof membrane, they eliminates the need for an additional protection layer.
- Design Flexibility: Greater design flexibility as the modules may be interlocked in one plane or at right angles to one another to form continuous large panels, conduits and tanks.
- Easy Installation: Large easy-to-join modules or preassembled panels allow rapid installation and minimise on-site disruption.
- Lightweight and High Strength: Honeycomb design results in a lightweight high compressive strength structure.
- Durable: The modules are resistant to biological attack and to a wide range of chemicals.
- Efficient: High surface void area and internal void volume results in efficient drainage.
- Environmentally Friendly: drain cells are manufactured from high strength 100% recycled plastics.
Drainage Cells is a high strength modular and light-weighted cell that has been particularly made for sub-surface drainage as well as waterproofing membrane protection. The cells are factory-made from high strength polypropylene and are employed in assorted applications such as sports fields, basement retaining walls, landscape decks, pond filtration systems, terrace gardens, planter and podium systems, agri - horti applications etc. The cells are highly efficient drainage cell made for employment in roof gardens, planter boxes, and retaining walls. The cells render architects and developers an extensive design flexibility in a wide range of applications in the landscape, construction and building. These are height and are easy to install, by interlocking them horizontally and vertically. The Drainage Cells also suffice as the protection layer over sealing membranes, and also produce a thermal insulation obstruction. The open surface design as well as optimal internal void volume of these Drainage Cells enable the fast capture and conveyance of high water volumes.
- Good impact strength
- Corrosion Resistant
- Good abrasion resistance
- Chemically inert
- Water Floatable
- Environmentally safe
- Less weathering